Friday, January 23, 2009

Week 3: This is pretty easy

I apologize for skipping a post for Week 2...but this blogging thing is new to me and not exactly a habit. So far the "no meat" thing has been a breeze. I have been confronted with barbecue, tacos, even bacon...and I don't even feel tempted to eat it. This is easy, but I reserve the right to eat my words later. Words are still on my diet at least.

Okay, as far as weight loss goes... I have lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks. This would be much better if I worked out on a consistent basis, which I am not. So far I have been religiously visiting the gym or walking with a friend once a week. If you only do something once a week, can you still claim to do it religiously? Probably not. I'm an atheist, can I really do anything religously? I don't think so.

I'm trying not to focus on the weight loss benefits of this diet because I would just get depressed. When Oprah confessed to the world about her weight gain a couple of weeks ago (like we needed her to tell us about it), I got kind of irritated and frustrated. If someone with personal trainers, personal chefs, nutritionists, doctors, etc. can't control her weight what chance could I possibly have. I should not look to her or any other rich/famous person as a role model. We just aren't in the same boat. Ricki Lake may have lost all of her weight naturally and can stick to a 1,200-calorie diet, but she can afford for someone else to prepare her food. It's just not something I can relate to and doesn't provide any inspiration or hope. I need stories about real people with similar opportunities and limitations.

Favorite foods right now: salmon, white beans, kale, brown rice, humus, butternut squash
Advice for the week: Quit ordering fries with your veggie burger

No comments:

Post a Comment